TERMS & PRIVACY
YOUR PRIVACY MATTERS
Thank you for being a part of our Una Kumba Thompson Enterprise – UKTE (“company”, “we”, “us”, or “our”) family. When you visit our website https://www.ukteshop.com (“Site”) and use our services, you trust us with your personal information and we take the management of it very seriously. We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy.
We gather personal information you provide to us such as name, physical and email address, contact information, passwords and security data, payment information.
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when making purchases, expressing an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and services, when participating in activities on the Site (such as completing surveys) or otherwise contacting us.
Personal information we collect is obtained from what you volunteer and depends on the context of your interactions with us and our Site as well as the products and features you use. This includes the following:
Name and Contact Data. We collect your first and last name, email address, postal address, phone number, and other similar contact data.
Credentials. We collect passwords, password hints, and similar security information used for authentication and account access.
Payment Data. We collect data necessary to process your payment if you make purchases, such as your credit card number, and the security code associated with your payment instrument. All payment data is stored by our payment processor and you should review its privacy policies and contact the payment processor directly to respond to your questions.
All personal information you provide to us must be true, complete and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
Information we collect automatically: Some information such as IP address and/or browser and device characteristics is collected automatically when you visit our website.
All Internet communications require Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for websites you visit to be able to send you pages, images, files and so on. As such, when you use or navigate our Site, your IP address is automatically collected. We do not collect any personally identifiable data (e.g.: name or contact information) which you do not expressly provide. Other information which may automatically be collected includes information about how and when you use our Site, referring URLs, country, location, device name and ID, language preferences, operating system, version information and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Site and may be utilised for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
Information collected from other sources: We may also collect limited data from other sources
We may obtain information about you from other sources, such as our joint marketing partners as well as from other third parties. Examples of information we receive from other sources include surveys response you provide specifically for UKTE administered through third party sites and apps, marketing leads, search results and links, including paid listings (such as sponsored links).
We process your information for legitimate business purposes, to fulfill our orders and service delivery to you, in compliance with our legal obligations and/or per your consent.We may use the information we collect or receive to:
- Fulfill and manage your orders: We may use your information to fulfill and manage your orders, payments, returns, and exchanges made through the Site.
- Send you marketing and promotional communications for Business Purposes and/or with your Consent. You can opt-out of our marketing emails at any time (see the “What are Your Privacy Rights?” section below).
- Administer prize draws and to gift you rewards and coupons for our Business Purposes and/or with your Consent. We may use your information to administer prize draws and competitions and to send you rewards and coupons when applicable.
- To facilitate account creation and logon process with your Consent.
- Request Feedback for our Business Purposes and/or with your Consent. We may use your information to request feedback and to contact you about your use of our Site, products or services.
- To post testimonials with your Consent. We post testimonials on our Site that may contain personal information. Prior to posting a testimonial, we will obtain your consent to use your name and testimonial either directly or via third party partners we use for this purpose. If you wish to update, or delete your testimonial, please contact us at “Need Help” form and be sure to include your name, testimonial location, and contact information.
- To send administrative information to you related to your account, our business purposes, and/or for legal reasons. We may use your personal information to send you product, service and new feature information and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To protect our Site for Business Purposes and/or Legal Reasons. We may use your information as part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure (for example, for fraud monitoring and prevention).
- To enforce our terms, conditions and policies for our business purposes and as legally required.
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm as legally required. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
- For other Business Purposes. We may use your information for other Business Purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Site, products, services, marketing and your experience.
We only share information with your consent, to fulfill business obligations, to comply with laws, and to protect your rights. We will never sell, rent or share your personal information, without your express permission.
We only share and disclose your information in the following situations:
- Compliance with Laws. We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests and Legal Rights. We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Vendors, Consultants and Other Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your data with third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. Examples include: payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service and marketing efforts. We may allow selected third parties to use tracking technology on the Site, which will enable them to collect data about how you interact with the Site over time. This information may be used to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content and better understand online activity. Unless described in this Policy, we do not share, sell, rent or trade any of your information with third parties for their promotional purposes.
- Business Partners. We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services or promotions.
- With your Consent. We may disclose your personal information for any other purpose with your consent.
- Other Users. When you share personal information (for example, by posting comments, contributions or other content to the Site) or otherwise interact with public areas of the Site, such personal information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside the Site in perpetuity.
We only transfer, store, and process your information in the United States.
Our servers are located in the United States. If you are accessing our Site from outside the United States, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed by us in our facilities and by those third parties with whom we may share your personal information (see “Will Your Information Be Shared With Anyone?” above), in the United States.
We are not responsible for the safety of any information you share with third-party providers who may advertise, but are not affiliated with, our website or company.
As described above in our information sharing policy, we utilize third parties to provide services that enhance your user experience and fulfill our business with you. The Site may contain links to third-party websites, which we utilize to offer you services, that are not affiliated with our company.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
We aim to protect your personal information through a system of organizational and technical security measures. All information described above is stored on restricted database servers.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, please also remember that we cannot guarantee that the internet itself is 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our Site is at your own risk. You should only access the services within a secure environment.
We do not knowingly collect data from or market to children under 18 years of age.
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the Site, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Site. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under age 18, please contact us via our “Need Help”
At UKTE we care about your privacy rights. We allow users to review, change, or terminate your account at any time.
Account termination: You may at any time review or change the information in your account or terminate your account by:
- Logging into your account settings and updating your account
- Contacting us using the contact information provided below
Cookies and similar technologies: Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Site.
Opting out of email marketing: You can unsubscribe from our marketing email list at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send or by contacting us using the details provided below. You will then be removed from the marketing email list – however, we will still need to send you service-related emails that are necessary for the administration and use of your account. You can also opt-out by:
- Noting your preferences at the time you register your account with the Site.
- Logging into your account settings and updating your preferences.
- Contacting us using the contact information provided below
- SPECIFIC PRIVACY RIGHTS?
Yes, if you are a resident of California, you are granted specific rights regarding access to your personal information.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided below.
If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with the Site, you have the right to request removal of unwanted data that you publicly post on the Site. To request removal of such data, please contact us using the contact information provided below, and include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California. We will make sure the data is not publicly displayed on the Site, but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from our systems.
Yes, we will update this policy as necessary to stay compliant with relevant laws.
If you have questions or comments about this policy contact us via our “Need Help” on our website.
Una Kumba Thompson Enterprise – UKTE.
55 Manor Drive
Newark, NJ 07106